Thursday, August 5, 2021

⚜️Beginning ... From the Ministry of Culture and Information to the House of Fashion.



The Ministry of Culture and Information building in the Salhiya district in Baghdad, after the fall of Baghdad in 2003


 

After working at the Ministry of Culture and Information for 12 years, I sought out new challenges and adventures in the world of art and design. In 1999, I joined the House of Fashion after a quick meeting with the director and accompanied by my colleague, the journalist Ghaida from Alf Ba Magazine. I hope she is doing well today.


During our meeting, the manager noticed the shirt I was wearing, and she asked me about the designer, so I proudly told her that it was my own design. She then asked me if I would like to work as a designer for the House of Fashion, and I immediately accepted the opportunity.


Little did I know at the time that the House of Fashion was a sensitive department affiliated with the Presidency, responsible for designing outfits and costumes for presidents, delegations, parties, and other important events attended by Iraqi officials and their families. Additionally, the House of Fashion also designed the costumes for the state's guard, judges of the Ministries of Justice and Local Government in Iraq, and even produced epic plays on presidential orders.


Working at the Iraqi House of Fashion before the fall of Baghdad was no easy feat, as it required exceptional talent and capabilities to fulfill the state's goals at a high level of quality. However, those who possessed such talent were gifted by God, and it remained a part of their being, waiting for the right environment to flourish and reach its unlimited potential.


The House of Fashion stood as an exclusive bastion of entertainment reserved solely for state officials and their families. Requests for designs emanated directly from the President, officials, or their wives, leaving no room for debate or objection. Design implementations were swift and precise, adhering to the most stringent standards, as the House of Fashion played a pivotal role in shaping and projecting the state's image on the grand stage.

 



 

The building of  Fashion House in Baghdad, Al-Rubaie Street, Zayouna





















 

 Previous work in the field of child culture. My work was in the Children’s Culture Department at the Ministry of Culture and Information before switching to cloth